Thursday, September 3, 2009

intervention with myself

I have been in a very unproductive place lately and am not happy with myself. Does everyone have moments where they feel so unmotivated they can barely leave the house? Seriously, I need to snap out of it. I'm still out of work. I'm no longer seeing the guy I was dating. And now live alone, which makes it so easy to just curl up and disappear. I have so much I need to get done, LIKE BLOGGING REGULARLY, working on my shop, finishing my portfolio, working on some new illustrations and patterns, getting art on my walls, etc. But nothing gets done. I have been saying I need to go grocery shopping for like 2 weeks now, nope haven't done that. I feel ridiculous. I'm a single girl, with all the time in the world, yet somehow can't pull it together. I often wonder how people with families stay on top of everything. I was going to spend the long weekend at my family's cabin. But I seriously think I need an intervention with myself. It's not like I'm depressed, at least I don't think I am. I almost just don't know where to start to get my life back in order to start being productive again. So I think I will stay in town this weekend and make a big list of things I need to do. I'm a big fan of lists. They really help me accomplish things. If anyone has any tips on how to get your shit together, let me know. I would greatly appreciate some pointers. For now I'm going to go get ready for happy hour. Isn't exactly the place to accomplish anything on my list other than preventing starvation and dehydration. But at least I'm leaving the house. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you're coming from, I'm in the same situation & have the same problem! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boy to I have an idea of what you are going through. You will pull through when the time is right.... like you run out of toilet paper or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have written this word-for-word.
    I have a big white board above my desk so I constantly see my list staring me in the face.

    And I try to remind myself that it really does feel 1000x better to be up and awake and creating things. So much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me feel so much better that I'm not the only one out there. It's a struggle. I just have to keep working at I guess and keep checking those things off my list one by one!

    ReplyDelete